Multicolored lighting is not from spotlights, it's from the above windows.
Finally got a chance to see the new Exploratorium on Pier 15 since its reopening in April. It looks just as spacious, with more windows, and a lot more exhibits than I remember it having previously (I always thought it occupied the entire building at the Palace of Fine Arts, but it doesn't appear to be the case).
Even though some of this exhibits remains the same (as of almost ten years ago when I last visited), there's plenty of new stuff to see; even some of the benches outside are exhibits in its own right*.
Notable Exhibits here (in my opinion):
- A Pac-Man game, with a twist: Four players, and each person has one button corresponding to a certain direction. (The button may not always be responsive)
- Exhibit: The Changing Face of What is Normal
- A Smorgasbord of Signs and Symbols
- Museum of Wear and Tear
- A lot of the exhibits in the sight and sound section
- Rolling Through the Bay (it's temporarily over here)
- Transparent Pinball Machine (an analog one, prior to any led screens, etc.)
In the Forum: One Click at a Time: Was only on August 24th, and consisted of a variety of stop motion clips. Was playing the following: