Each item, save music instruments, are raffled off.
This banquet - not like any other. Unlike last year, it has more interclub students than new members (at least 2:1). It occurs in Grace Covell, but in a different room. (At first sight - it was a dark room, yule log, was it really a nice party going on? Nope, it was actually in another room.)
Good to see there was another historian - it seems like they must have dSLRs, but I was dissuaded in the past to carry one due to its large weight - a hybrid like the Sony DSC RX-100 would suit my needs perfectly - provided I can afford it, of course.
- Two icebreakers (or minigames) - Song Poncho (exactly the same as the event last year as a family competition, including the word) and Ipod Wars (guess the song)
- Song played associated with each new member (that was their favorite song) - note it was planned (but wasn't done) last year's banquet.
- Chicken Platters - despite the wording, they're exactly the same as every other chicken dish in past UOP Banquets.
- The raffles - the violins were just for show, but tickets were buyable for everything else at a quarter per ticket.
- The piano was played... by a Sac Student.
Note: I will be unable to make it to the next day's event (Santa's Gift of Service), due to lack of transportation options* and as such the related blog post will be unavailable.