The failed hard drive in question
It seems like this shouldn't happen to me, but it did. On my C drive. (Luckily I store the majority of my documents elsewhere, but only a few could be gotten from C.) I might have to resort to a much slower netbook, but as a result:
- With drive C (Windows XP) lost I may have to find 'other' methods to get another version of that OS. Some things don't work in Windows 7, that's why. (Its XP mode there doesn't help much either.)
- There hasn't been a recent backup, so many of my (game) save files were lost. That means I have to play all of those games "all over again, again! :(".
- Production on video jobs are halted.
- Over 1,200 bookmarks lost - I will have a tough time recovering most of them. (I don't really trust online backups...) My recovery goes back one month, so that's not too bad.
- Personal wiki remains intact - I will store the rest of my ideas there.
What that means to you:
- You shouldn't be affected. But...
- There may not be another version of the Zuma Blitz Guide for a while - it was lost along with the drive. EDIT: I managed to pull off a backup copy - it is from the last released version, but I still won't update for a while.
- You won't see a 'Summer 2011 in Artwork' as some pictures used for ideas for the project (including dgteen and OC-Ynafae) do not exist online anymore and I lost my only copy of them, which were on C drive at the time.