With a fulltime job, I can spend less of my free time focusing on various programming languages and more on pursuing creative projects. My goal (and new year's resolution) for 2017: Produce as much quality artwork as possible during the year.
The goal is designed to achieve the following things:
- Put a new tablet to use and establish expertise in Krita
- Improve my own drawing skills (from almost nothing)
- Turn text-only concepts into something that is more 'visual' and 'creative'
- Produce an alternative set of sprites for Americana Engine
- Learn Speedpainting
- Get better known out there to the general public
- Get out of the few active followers hole on Twitter
I'll probably put up a dedicated page for this, but for the most part these images need to be present on tumblr / twitter with the proper tags to be effectively visible to the proper audiences*, so I'll put the better ones up there, and include all WIPs and commentaries on this blog.
Things I will probably be working on (will add to later):
- Profile / Cover image
- Hard Drive icons
- Chibis (including paper one)
- Drawings to explain various posts
- Shadow casting
- Rare pairings
- Water Effects
- Glow Effects
- UX stuff
- I can't be truly motivated unless I base my quantity / quality of work off of someone who's active and who I know IRL, so I set my benchmark against Tv's artblog in 2016 (around 170); picking up this speed should allow me to fulfill deadlines on a more timely basis and participate in collabs without holding anyone back*.
- I will probably focus on a variety of topics; the general idea would be to plan ahead substantially to avoid running out of ideas.
- This post will be updated in the future, and this post may include its own image as well.